- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Pierce russet and sweet potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender. Set sweet potatoes aside.
- Cut a third off the top of each russet potato; scoop out pulp, leaving skins intact. Place pulp in a bowl; mash with 1/3 cup sour cream, milk, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cut off the tip of each sweet potato; scoop out pulp, leaving skins intact. Mash pulp with remaining sour cream, chives and salt. Stuff mixture into half of each potato skin; spoon russet potato filling into other half. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Two-Tone Baked Potatoes
"These were amazing and so cute! Will definitely make again."
"This is an excellent recipe and especially fun to make for a holiday dinner. I prepare them ahead of time and let them sit covered in the refrigerator for a few hours before baking. They will then require a few more minutes in the oven, but it's wonderful to have these already prepared to go into the oven prior to company coming."
"Love this recipe as we can have both sweet and white potatoes in one meal, easily! The potato filling is wonderful! Had to search for this recipe online as I couldn't find it in my books, but wouldn't give up until I had it!"
"I started making these when the recipe first came out for the holidays. Everyone loves them! Now they get a taste of both kinds of potatoes. I make them of ahead of time, refrigerate, covered, let set on counter for 30 minutes and bake (it takes longer) until heated."