Two-Tomato Pasta Recipe
Plum and cherry tomatoes are put to delicious use in this breezy pasta combination. “This is my favorite summer pasta dish with fresh tomatoes,” Mary Ann Hansen says from St. Cloud, Minnesota. “It’s speedy and slightly creamy and makes very simple fare with grilled meat.”
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- 2. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into tomato mixture. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 166 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Two-Tomato Pasta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC