- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into tomato mixture. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Two-Tomato Pasta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p55
Reviews for Two-Tomato Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2012
"Delicious! I served this with the Basil Pork Chops in the same issue."
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2011
"Not bad. Leave out the plum tomatos, add more cherry and grape tomatos."