Two-Tomato Pasta Recipe
Plum and cherry tomatoes are put to delicious use in this breezy pasta combination. “This is my favorite summer pasta dish with fresh tomatoes,” Mary Ann Hansen says from St. Cloud, Minnesota. “It’s speedy and slightly creamy and makes very simple fare with grilled meat.”
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into tomato mixture. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Two-Tomato Pasta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p55
Reviews for Two-Tomato Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2012
Delicious! I served this with the Basil Pork Chops in the same issue.
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2011
Not bad. Leave out the plum tomatos, add more cherry and grape tomatos.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >