Two-Tater Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, garlic salt and pepper.
- 2. Place Tater Tots in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef mixture and green beans. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 550 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1241mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Two-Tater Shepherd's Pie
"It's only "Shepherd's" pie if it's made with ... what do Shepherd's have ... sheep! So it's only "Shepherd's" pie if it's made with lamb. If made with beef or anything else, it's called a "Cottage" Pie. I happen to like corn, peas and/or carrots in mine so I swap out the veggies. Green beans are okay in soups or stews with me, but not in my "pies"!"
"In america it is shepards pie. Most everyone does not use lamb!"
"This is absolutely delicious!!! So simple! Best Sheperd's Pie ever!!!"
"made it tonight.. with a few changes. used 3 1/2 lbs of ground beef, drained and seasoned ,2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and corn instead of green beanswas so goooooooooooood!!"
"Cindy....I had to say...yoohoo I lived in Robertsdale several years ago. I knew this recipe would be delish coming from a LA (lower Alabama girl). I taught at CBMS and my daughter graduation from RHS."
"Love this one. I prefer not cannded green beans tho. they usually seem rubbery and flimsy"
"my daughter made this and used lots of garlic salt, 2 cans of green beans and fresh mashed potatoes"
"Delicious! I have made this several times and it is a big hit. We do not find it dry at all. There are only 3 in our family so I freeze the leftovers in freezer paper and ziploc bag. It is just as good after being froze as when I first made it."
"This dish is a cross between tater tot casserole and shepherd's pie but closer to tater tot casserole. It was a little on the dry side. Maybe try adding some milk to the soup/meat mixture. Since we like both separate dishes as they are I don't think I will make this again. Four out of five kids ate this just fine, but they said it was not a big hit with them. Thanks anyways."