- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, garlic salt and pepper.
- Place Tater Tots in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef mixture and green beans. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Two-Tater Shepherd's Pie
"It's only "Shepherd's" pie if it's made with ... what do Shepherd's have ... sheep! So it's only "Shepherd's" pie if it's made with lamb. If made with beef or anything else, it's called a "Cottage" Pie. I happen to like corn, peas and/or carrots in mine so I swap out the veggies. Green beans are okay in soups or stews with me, but not in my "pies"!"
"In america it is shepards pie. Most everyone does not use lamb!"
"This is absolutely delicious!!! So simple! Best Sheperd's Pie ever!!!"
"made it tonight.. with a few changes. used 3 1/2 lbs of ground beef, drained and seasoned ,2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and corn instead of green beanswas so goooooooooooood!!"
"Cindy....I had to say...yoohoo I lived in Robertsdale several years ago. I knew this recipe would be delish coming from a LA (lower Alabama girl). I taught at CBMS and my daughter graduation from RHS."