I especially like to use my slow cooker on hot summer days when I want to keep my kitchen cool. I’m always trying new recipes for different functions, but Stroganoff is a favorite I turn to again and again. - Roberta Menefee, Walcott, New York
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup beef consomme
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. In a small bowl, combine flour and sour cream until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Two-Step Stroganoff in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p65
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Two-Step Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review