I especially like to use my slow cooker on hot summer days when I want to keep my kitchen cool. I’m always trying new recipes for different functions, but Stroganoff is a favorite I turn to again and again. - Roberta Menefee, Walcott, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup beef consomme
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 6 hours. In a small bowl, combine flour and sour
- cream until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook 1 hour
- longer or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 348 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.