Both winter and summer squash star in this fun, colorful vegetable stir-fry. I've cooked in several restaurants and for many guests in my home, and this dish has been well-received for years. —Mary Beth LaFlamme, Eagle Bridge, New York
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Add vegetables, garlic and thyme. Cook and stir until tender, about 15 minutes. Add garlic salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Two-Season Squash Medley in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p29
Reviews for Two-Season Squash Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2009 Edited Sep. 24, 2013
"This is an excellent recipe which always draws compliments. I make this every year at Thanksgiving."