Here's a great way to serve yams to those who think they don't like them. You can make this dish ahead and simply reheat it before serving.
7-8 ServingsPrep: 55 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the russet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender. Place sweet potatoes in another saucepan and cover
- with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20
- minutes until tender.
- Drain russet potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter; beat
- until light and fluffy, adding more milk as needed.
- Drain sweet potatoes and place in another bowl; mash until smooth.
- Add the orange juice, honey and remaining butter.
- Insert tip #409 into a pastry bag. Spoon russet potato mixture into
- one side of the bag; spoon sweet potato mixture into the other side.
- Pipe 3-in. swirls, forming large rosettes, onto a greased baking