Two-Potato Swirls Recipe
Here's a great way to serve yams to those who think they don't like them. You can make this dish ahead and simply reheat it before serving.
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Place the russet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Place sweet potatoes in another saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- 2. Drain russet potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth. Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter; beat until light and fluffy, adding more milk as needed.
- 3. Drain sweet potatoes and place in another bowl; mash until smooth. Add the orange juice, honey and remaining butter.
- 4. Insert tip #409 into a pastry bag. Spoon russet potato mixture into one side of the bag; spoon sweet potato mixture into the other side.
- 5. Pipe 3-in. swirls, forming large rosettes, onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and tops are lightly browned. Yield: 7-8 servings.
Reviews for Two-Potato Swirls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC