- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the russet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Place sweet potatoes in another saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain russet potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth. Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter; beat until light and fluffy, adding more milk as needed.
- Drain sweet potatoes and place in another bowl; mash until smooth. Add the orange juice, honey and remaining butter.
- Insert tip #409 into a pastry bag. Spoon russet potato mixture into one side of the bag; spoon sweet potato mixture into the other side.
- Pipe 3-in. swirls, forming large rosettes, onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and tops are lightly browned. Yield: 7-8 servings.
Originally published as Two-Potato Swirls in Reminisce May/June 2005, p48
Reviews for Two-Potato Swirls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2010
My daughter loves sweetpotatoes and I tried this first with just the sweet potato since I didn't have cream cheese on hand and we all loved it. I will make sure to try it with the regular potatoes added next time!