Two-Pot Dinner Recipe
My daughter received this recipe from a friend a while ago. Bacon gives this dish a wonderfully rich flavor, making it a favorite dish to pass at potlucks. - Jean Roper, Palermo, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:10 servings
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (31 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (30 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon. Transfer bacon and onion to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and add to slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 415 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,068 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC