Two-Minute Cookies Recipe
My mom used to pack these cookies into our school lunches. They're inexpensive and easy to prepare, so all seven of us children learned to make them. Now they're also a favorite of my two children's.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats or old-fashioned oats
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped nuts or coconut
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter, milk and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, cocoa, raisins, nuts or coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 203 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC