Two-Meat Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and pepperoni over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, onion, parsley, oregano, chili powder, sugar and garlic powder.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup spaghetti with 3/4 cup sauce equals 358 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.