Two-Meat Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
“I can put this hearty dish together, make a salad and have supper on the table in 30 minutes flat. It's one of my favorite hurry-up meals-whether making it from scratch or taking the sauce out of the freezer.” Shirley Klinner - Medford, Wisconsin
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and pepperoni over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, onion, parsley, oregano, chili powder, sugar and garlic powder.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti.
Freeze option: Do not cook spaghetti. Freeze meat sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Place meat sauce in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 5 servings.
1-3/4 cups: 358 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Two-Meat Spaghetti Sauce
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011 Edited Jun. 27, 2014
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC