Two-Meat Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
“I can put this hearty dish together, make a salad and have supper on the table in 30 minutes flat. It's one of my favorite hurry-up meals-whether making it from scratch or taking the sauce out of the freezer.” Shirley Klinner - Medford, Wisconsin
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and pepperoni over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, onion, parsley, oregano, chili powder, sugar and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Two-Meat Spaghetti Sauce in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p25
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Two-Meat Spaghetti Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
My mother found this recipe first and served it to our family. A hit with all of us!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >