Two-Meat Pizza with Wheat Crust Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water; add oil. Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar and salt; add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- 4. Combine pizza sauce and sugar; spread over crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, onion and olives. Layer with sausage, Canadian bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
1 serving (2 each) equals 740 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,475 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.