Two-Meat Pizza with Wheat Crust Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water; add oil. Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar and salt; add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- 4. Combine pizza sauce and sugar; spread over crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, onion and olives. Layer with sausage, Canadian bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
2 each: 740 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1475mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 9g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Two-Meat Pizza with Wheat Crust
"I often make this crust. I divide the dough between two crust because it is very thick. But I like being able to have a good whole wheat crust pizza. I also like to make my own pizza sauce which I use another ToH recipe."
"DELICIOUS! Be sure middle of pizza gets baked all the way through (had to bake more than 30 minutes)."