Although I don't know the origin of this recipe, I do know my mother has pleased family and friends with it for many years. It's a great dish to pass. - Terri Linn Griffin, Eugene, Oregon
Featured In: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the macaroni is tender, stirring every 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Two-Meat Macaroni in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p164
Reviews for Two-Meat Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review