This is a refreshing and colorful drink to serve for brunch. The cinnamon and nutmeg give it just the right amount of zing.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or huckleberries
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a blender, combine the blueberries, peaches and milk; cover and
- process on high. Add the yogurt, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg; cover
- and blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 (1-cup) servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 211 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.