- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Two-Chip Chocolate Chippers
Sort By :
"Yes, the original recipe was in TOH magazine years ago, with the pudding mix. I have been making them for years. I also use half butter and half margarine, even though the original recipe did not specify that. I just use semi-sweet chips. On another note, you can substitute any flavor of pudding mix (chocolate, white chocolate, cheesecake), and chips. Try them with chocolate pudding mix and peanut butter chips."
"Great cookie recipe! With or without nuts this was a perfect textured cookie. Not "cake-like". It made about 60 cookies and baked in 9 min. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I love making classic recipes with a new twist. Perfect amount of chocolate!"
"I followed this recipe word for word, didn't think there were too many chocolate chips, and I used a tablespoon to scoop my cookies out and got 5 dozen out of it. These were absolutely the BEST cookies my husband and I have ever had that were made from scratch. I plan on making these for Christmas gifts, and I cannot wait! Delicious!"
"These are the best cookies ever! Every time I take them some where everyone just raves about them."
"Fabulous!! My whole family, children and grandchildren, say this is their new favorite chocolate chip cookie!"