When baking this chocolate chip cookie recipe, I am a stickler for using one stick of butter and one stick of margarine—the combination of fats gives the cookies terrific texture. And do not use a scooper—the tool compacts the cookies too much. —Lee Ann Miller, Millersburg, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Two-Chip Chocolate Chippers in Taste of Home October 2011, p73
Reviews for Two-Chip Chocolate Chippers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review