Two-Chip Chocolate Chippers Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Two-Chip Chocolate Chippers(20)
Sort By :
Love this recipe. Loads of chocolate chips. This is the only recipe I use anymore. Some times I omit the pecans.
I'd tried these cookies last year and I found this recipe to be really good! What I did do was make my adjustments to suit my tastes by using 1/2 cup each packed brown sugar and white sugar. I did add 1 tsp. salt & omitted the nuts! I generally don't add nuts to my own cookies as there are folks who are either allergic to nuts or just don't care for nuts! I think that instead of milk chocolate chips, you also can use peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips for variety in chip flavor! In recent times, I've been doing that when I make chocolate chip cookies!
I think it just depends on one's taste!
Also it depends on what type of chips I have available! I did grease the baking sheets-as a rule, I've done that for easier removal of the cookies from the baking sheets! I also stretch the dough by using a rounded teaspoonful of dough instead of the tablespoon! Thank you, Lee Ann Miller,
for this recipe! Dawn E. Lowenstein
LOVE these cookies! My Friends and family go crazy over these! LOVE all of Leeann's recipes!
This is the only recipe I use to bake CC cookies! It's fabulous.
These are yummy and always a big hit. I reduce the amount of chocolate chips by about 1/2 cup and sometimes use seasonal M&Ms for half the chips.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >