Two-Cheese Ziti Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain ziti; add to sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; stir in cheeses. Sprinkle over ziti. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Ziti(8)
Sort By :
I was hoping for more flavor, maybe another zestier cheese would help, but overall it was tastier than the easy mac n' cheese.
I added a 4 cheese combo and some green onion really good. Family liked it.
Very tasty pasta dish but I added more cheese for a bit more wanted flavor!
I have taken this to a family reunion and was asked by many for the recipe! I think this is absolutely yummy!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >