Two-Cheese Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet; add the onion, green pepper, brown sugar and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in 1 cup crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and chilies until blended; set aside. Combine salsa and remaining tomatoes; spread 1 cup into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Spoon about 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining salsa mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 enchilada equals 329 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.