Two-Cheese Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet; add the onion, green pepper, brown sugar and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in 1 cup crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and chilies until blended; set aside. Combine salsa and remaining tomatoes; spread 1 cup into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining salsa mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Turkey Enchiladas(6)
Sort By :
I followed this recipe to the letter and it came out perfect. My three boys, who have eaten in many Mexican restaurants, loved it! Very filling and tastes "sinful"! Thanks for a great recipe!
So good. I followed the recipe and liked it. My only regret was making only one pan! Very filling.
My family really liked this recipe. My 6 yr old son said he didn't like it, he LOVED it! And my husband had a hard time staying out of them.
I found the 3 TB of cream cheese/sour cream mix and the 1/3 cup of turkey mix to be too much for one tortilla. I was using the 6 in tortillas, so that might make a difference. I ended up getting 12 enchiladas out of this recipe. With the number of enchiladas I had, I found the sauce to be just the right amount. I was afraid the enchiladas might be too spicy, but the tomatoes did a good job of diluting it.
Very good recipe. I will definitely make it again.
I thought this was very tasty! I had to eat two though!
This is really good. I agree with the previous reviewer though, there is too much sauce mixture. The bottom of my enchiladas were quite soggy. I think I will try a smaller can of tomatoes along with the salsa next time. Also, I only used 1/2 lb. of ground meat and added in a can of rinsed and drained black beans. All in all, it was very good and my family enjoyed it.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >