Two-Cheese Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 5 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, toss spinach, lettuce, mushrooms and cheeses in a large salad bowl. Shake dressing and pour over salad. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 145 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Tossed Salad
"This has been a favorite salad for several years now. It is the salad I take to potlucks and family gatherings. However, not being a mushroom fan, a pint of grape or cherry tomatoes instead of the mushrooms is much better."