Two-Cheese Tomato Pie Recipe
“This recipe receives rave reviews each time I serve it,” says Odenville, Alabama's Sarah Smith. This rich and cheesy dish works great with fresh or canned tomatoes.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add tomatoes. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add Italian seasoning and salt. Spoon into crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and cheeses. Spread over tomato layer. Bake at 350° for 18-25 minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Two-Cheese Tomato Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC