Two-Cheese Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (5 ounces) fully cooked ham, flaked
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°. Combine Swiss cheese, spinach, mushrooms and ham; sprinkle over crust. In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, flour and salt until smooth; pour over spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 258 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Spinach Quiche
"Let me just state that I speak from experience when I tell you that 1c. of milk for just 3 eggs is too much and the quiche will be too moist for my liking.I used a standard 9"/1qt. pie plate. I left out the mushroom, used 1c. cooked and drained frozen spinach in place of 1/2c. fresh, added an extra egg and cut back on the half and half cream by 1/4c. I added pepper and 1T. raw white onion, diced. I used 1/2c. finely chopped ham lunch meat (Hillshire Farm). I used a total of 1c. shredded cheese (Great Value Fiesta Blend- 4 different cheeses and mozzarella.)This is very good. Because I used less liquid and added an extra egg this is firm and not?too moist like ones that use a lot of liquid. I could have used a little less ham because it's a little smoky. This baked in 28 minutes."
"Easy to make, I have even substiuted the meat with spam because that was all I had available, I just left out the salt. Super yummy!"