- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (5 ounces) fully cooked ham, flaked
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°. Combine Swiss cheese, spinach, mushrooms and ham; sprinkle over crust. In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, flour and salt until smooth; pour over spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Two-Cheese Spinach Quiche in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p13
Reviews for Two-Cheese Spinach Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2011
"Easy to make, I have even substiuted the meat with spam because that was all I had available, I just left out the salt. Super yummy!"