Two-Cheese Spinach Bake Recipe
My family will eat spinach on Thanksgiving and throughout the year if it's in this rich, cheesy side dish loaded with flavor. It also makes a great meatless meal with a tossed salad. —Chris Barila, Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, eggs, milk, butter, onion, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and cayenne until combined. Fold in spinach and Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 356 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Spinach Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC