Two-Cheese Spaghetti Bake Recipe
Janet Knorr GOLDEN, ILLINOIS My kids and grandkids love this cheesy pasta dish. I prepare it at least once a month, but it’s especially good during cooler months.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; stir into beef mixture. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt; gradually stir in milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add 1/2 cup process cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until melted.
- 3. Spread half of the spaghetti mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover with cheese sauce; top with remaining spaghetti mixture and process cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 409 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 829 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC