Two-Cheese Pizzas Recipe
When time is tight, Nevine Farid of Overland Park, Kansas uses pita rounds to form the crust for these cute little pizzas. Cut into quarters, they make appealing appetizers when there's just a few of you. "Serve wedges alone...or with pizza sauce," she says.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder; brush over pitas. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, basil and tomato. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC