When time is tight, Nevine Farid of Overland Park, Kansas uses pita rounds to form the crust for these cute little pizzas. Cut into quarters, they make appealing appetizers when there's just a few of you. "Serve wedges alone...or with pizza sauce," she says.
Recommended: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder; brush over pitas. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, basil and tomato. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Two-Cheese Pizzas in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review