- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat; carefully stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and macaroni is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Macaroni Casserole
Sort By :
"This didn't come out well and I followed the recipe exactly."
"This was good. I wish it had a little more flavor but it was good. I will probably make this again next week and add some bacon to it."
"You definitely need all the cheese this calls for! I thought I could get away with adding less. Four cups sounded like so much! But it really adds to the flavor. I added frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, for nutrition and garlic salt for a bit more flavor."
"A wonderful recipe. We love it!"