Two-Cheese Mac 'n Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, optional
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic if desired; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour, pepper and salt until blended; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 4 cups cheddar cheese and Asiago cheese until melted. Mixture will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Two-Cheese Mac 'n Cheese
Sort By :
"The 6 year old rated 5 stars. Very good recipe Will definitely make this one again."
"I topped with panko breadcrumbs before baking. My kids and I liked the texture and flavor of this mac n cheese. The asiago was expensive, though, and I'm not sure how much that flavor came through."
"This was very, very bland. I made it exactly as directed, but cut everything in half for half a batch."
"I call it the Adult Mac n Cheese this is awesome!"