Two-Cheese Linguine Recipe
An easy cheese sauce turns ordinary pasta into a special side dish that's the perfect accompaniment to the steaks.
- 1 package (7 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Combine cheeses; toss with lemon juice. Add to the sauce; stir until cheese begins to melt. Drain linguine; add the cheese sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 775 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC