An easy cheese sauce turns ordinary pasta into a special side dish that's the perfect accompaniment to the steaks.
- 1 package (7 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Combine cheeses; toss with lemon juice. Add to the sauce; stir until cheese begins to melt. Drain linguine; add the cheese sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Two-Cheese Linguine in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p10
Reviews for Two-Cheese Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review