- 1 package (7 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Combine cheeses; toss with lemon juice. Add to the sauce; stir until cheese begins to melt. Drain linguine; add the cheese sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTwo-Cheese Linguine
"I have made this many times, I lost my dinner for two issue that's why I am on your pagethanks for being here"
"This was a pretty good recipe. Nice & cheesey! Very quick!"
"Surely there is something off about the mozzarella cheese measurement -- 3/4 cup usually does not equal 6 oz. It would be more like 3 oz, since an 8 oz package of cheese usually makes 2 cups. So that threw me off and made me question all of the other measurements in the recipe, plus I wanted to make a little more than the recipe called for, so my measurements and proportions weren't exactly as written. I think I ended up with too much linguine in particular. But, it was good. Not sure if I'll make it again."
"This is a show stopper. Make sure that you don't rinse the noodles after you boil them though. The sauce will definitely not be as good. I pair this dish up with Pecan Crusted Salmon (found on this website) (the recipe with brown sugar)."