Two-Cheese Corn Muffins Recipe
Savory muffins are my favorite, and these fit the bill. They're cheesy and flavorful, yet still light and fluffy. I can whip them up in no time, which is a definite plus when I'm trying to prepare the rest of the Thanksgiving meal. —KC Quaretti, North Venice, Florida
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sage, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and baking soda. In small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn and cheeses.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin: 176 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Two-Cheese Corn Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC