What's a steak without a baked potato? Here's an easy way to top tender baked potatoes that are cooked in the microwave in minutes.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender, turning once. Meanwhile, combine the cheeses, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with butter and cheese mixture; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Two-Cheese Baked Potatoes in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p28
Reviews for Two-Cheese Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2011
"The cheese mixture was good. I had an extra potato, so I baked it in the oven the next night and used the chesse mixture again and it was much better. I definitely don't recommend using the microwave."