If you'd like to make a summer barbecue festive, bring out this eye-catching side dish. It's a great way to use up homegrown produce. The light zesty dressing complements all the garden-fresh flavors.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbages, peppers and onions. In a small
- bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage
- mixture;toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 140 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.