Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York sent the recipe for this pretty layered treat. She relates. "For variety, I use whatever fresh berries are in season."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Set
- raspberries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. In a
- saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry juice
- mixture until smooth.
- Add the strawberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon
- juice and raspberries. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In six parfait glasses, layer 2 tablespoons berry sauce, one scoop of
- ice cream, 2-3 tablespoons sour cream, 3 tablespoons sauce and
- another scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Yield: 6