Two-Bean Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, cook onion in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. In a food processor, combine beans, salsa, barbecue sauce, parsley, garlic, cumin, pepper and pepper sauce; cover and process until pureed.
- 3. Place crust on a baking sheet; spread with bean mixture. Top with caramelized onions, corn, tomatoes and cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice equals 278 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Two-Bean Veggie Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.