- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook onion in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. In a food processor, combine beans, salsa, barbecue sauce, parsley, garlic, cumin, pepper and pepper sauce; cover and process until pureed.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; spread with bean mixture. Top with caramelized onions, corn, tomatoes and cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Two-Bean Veggie Pizza
Sort By :
Delicious! I made it exactly as instructed and it turned out great! My husband and I loved it!
Very wonderfully good!
We used a chopped fresh tomato, and added a diced fresh jalapeño. We're going to use this bean mixture as our new standard in bean& cheese tacos. So yummy.
Really Good! I didn't caramelize the onions and just mixed the pureed beans with the onions and corn and then spread on the pizza. Made it a 30 minute meal!