“This is my much healthier version of a black bean pizza I had in Guatemala. It’s so delicious!” Laura Letnes - Fargo, North Dakota
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook onion in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. In a food processor, combine beans, salsa, barbecue sauce, parsley, garlic, cumin, pepper and pepper sauce; cover and process until pureed.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; spread with bean mixture. Top with caramelized onions, corn, tomatoes and cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Two-Bean Veggie Pizza in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Two-Bean Veggie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review