Two-Bean Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 225 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Two-Bean Tuna Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.