- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Two-Bean Tuna Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p52
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Two-Bean Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review