- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh wax beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; add tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender. Add 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon oregano and salt; cook 1 minute longer. Add to the bean mixture; toss to coat. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs, cheese and remaining garlic, basil and oregano. Sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Two-Bean Tomato Bake in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p27
Reviews for Two-Bean Tomato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review