- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the rice, beans, peas, celery, onion, chilies and parsley or cilantro; mix well. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Two-Bean Rice Salad in Country April/May 1996, p51
Reviews for Two-Bean Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2012
"I really like this sald, the vinegar is a little strong even after it sits for awhile. I toned it down with a Tablespoon of Dijon mustard and I also added some chopped tomatoes. It is a great pot luck salad."