I've had many people tell me how much they like this salad. It's a great dish to take to a potluck dinner.
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the rice, beans, peas, celery, onion, chilies and parsley or cilantro; mix well. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Two-Bean Rice Salad in Country April/May 1996, p51
Reviews for Two-Bean Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2012
"I really like this sald, the vinegar is a little strong even after it sits for awhile. I toned it down with a Tablespoon of Dijon mustard and I also added some chopped tomatoes. It is a great pot luck salad."