Two-Bean Burritos Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the refried beans, black beans, 1 cup salsa, broccoli, 3/4 cup cheese, onion and cumin. Spoon down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 305 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Two-Bean Burritos
"These are the most delcious burritos I've ever had. I substituted a couple of things: 2 large tomatoes instead of salsa, I omitted the cumin, and added black olives. I also sauteed the onions in olive oil before mixing it in. I used whole wheat tortillas to make it healthier too. I make these a lot!!!! Thank you!"
"I'm afraid I couldn't wrap my head around using broccoli in a burrito recipe, so I left it out. Used reduced fat refried beans and low sodium black beans and it was great! So super easy to make and we all loved it. Tasty way to load up on fiber. We'll be making this again."