Two-Bean Burritos Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the refried beans, black beans, 1 cup salsa, broccoli, 3/4 cup cheese, onion and cumin. Spoon down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 burrito equals 305 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.