Twister Cheddar Rolls Recipe
As flaky as homemade puff pastry, these buttery rolls bring compliments every time I serve them. Because they start with convenient refrigerated crescents, the mouthwatering treats couldn't be quicker or easier for busy holiday cooks!
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. Separate crescent roll dough into eight rectangles; press seams to seal. Combine cheese and onions; spoon about 3 rounded tablespoonfuls lengthwise down the center of each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of each end. Fold dough in half lengthwise; firmly press edges to seal. Twist each strip four to five times. Bring ends together to form a ring; pinch to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg and water. Brush over dough. Combine the sesame seeds, garlic salt and parsley; sprinkle over rings.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 8 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC