Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple and Walnuts Recipe
This is my favorite version of twice-baked potatoes. It is a different way to serve sweet potatoes. Pineapple and walnuts enhance the texture, and it's pretty on the plate. —Shirley Petry Cherry Log, Georgia
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Bake sweet potatoes at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and place in a bowl. Add orange juice, 2 tablespoons butter and salt; mash. Stir in the pineapple and walnuts. Spoon into potato shells.
- 2. Place in two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and cornflakes. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple and Walnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC