Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
"This side always takes my guests by surprise because of the smoky, creamy flavor and the pretty presentation. No doubt you'll get major kudos when you place these on your table." Cynthia Boberskyj, Rochester, New York
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 hours or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p17
Reviews for Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >