Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Our Test Kitchen puts a new twist on a classic dish, using good-for-you sweet potatoes with raisins and almonds. Pineapple juice and cinnamon round out this satisfying side.
8 ServingsPrep: 70 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop
- out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with
- pineapple juice. Stir in the raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.